Here are the ingredients:
4 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of water
2 boneless halves of chicken breast
2 carrots
2 cloves of garlic
1 rib of celery
3 tsp of dried thyme
1.5 cups of angel hair pasta (instead of short egg noodles)
2 generous slices of ginger
3 tbsp of soy sauce
First I put the chicken broth and water in a sauce pan. I put it over medium heat. Once it started boiling, I used tongs to add the chicken pieces to the sauce pan. I turned the heat to low so that the liquids simmered.
After ten minutes, I checked that the chicken was done and I set it aside to cool. Next, I peeled and diced the carrots. I don't really like celery so I broke it into three big chunks and mixed it with the carrots and set it all aside.
Then I sliced and crushed the garlic. (Here's a TIP: Crush the clove with the flat side of the knife!) I cut the cloves into about 5 slices each and added them to the carrots and celery.
Next, I put the carrots, celery, garlic, and thyme into the sauce pan. I stirred them with a wooden spoon. I turned the heat back to medium and let these vegetables simmer for about 10 minutes until they were soft.
I tasted the broth to make sure I liked how it tasted. I wanted to see how it was before the soy sauce went in.
Once the chicken was cool, I shredded it into small strips. I added the shredded chicken into the simmering soup along with the noodles and soy sauce. I took out the celery sticks and Nancy added them to her bowl. I was supposed to take out the ginger slices, but missed one and it ended up in Dad's soup!
Everyone liked it (even Logan, the picky eater!).
If you make this recipe, you can take some fresh basil and cut it into small pieces for a garnish. My basil was fresh out of Nancy's garden!
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=c0bc407c-ee5a-4460-bfce-09955f5fad54)
7 comments:
Ghost written!! :)
Ghost written or not, that is awesome! You can come make dinner for us anytime, Haley.
Nice job kiddo!! You are a better cook than your grandma!! :)
Nice job, kiddo. You're a better cook than me.:)
You're making your grandpa mike very hungry YUM YUM
Awesome job!! You should be very proud of yourself!!
Happy birthday to you!
Post a Comment